It gives us great pleasure to announce that we were awarded the title of 'Innovation of the Year' at the Insurance Choice Awards last week.
It goes without saying that we're humbled and amazed to see our name featured alongside many giants of the insurance space that also won awards, particularly as we haven't even launched yet.
The best part of all though, is that we won thanks to votes from the general public. A huge thank you to anyone from our beta trial and our waiting list that voted for us. We quite literally couldn't have done it without you.
Over the past year, we've been working hard to build a whole new kind of car insurance product that makes owning and maintaining a car fairer, easier and more affordable for UK motorists. This award demonstrates more loudly than ever that our product is something drivers want, and that it's a solution that the insurance market in this country desperately needs.
We're looking forward to being the insurer to bring pay-by-mile car insurance to the UK, and we're thrilled to win our first award.
Is it too early to start shopping for a trophy cabinet?
Insurance Choice Awards 2017 winners in full:
- Best Big Insurance Company: LV=
- Innovation of the Year: By Miles
- Customer Service Champion: Caravan and Motorhome Club
- Treating Customers Fairly Champion: Lifetime Pet Cover
- Best Car Insurance Provider: Sure Thing!
- Best Caravan Insurance Provider: Caravan and Motorhome Club
- Best Cycle Insurance Provider: Velosure
- Best Home Insurance Provider: Policy Expert
- Best Insurance App: Aviva
- Best Insurance Broker: Sure Thing!
- Best Landlord Insurance Provider: Total Landlord Insurance
- Best Life Insurance Provider: Aviva
- Best Newcomer: Pedalcover
- Best Pet Insurance Provider: Lifetime Pet Cover
- Best Specialist Insurance Provider: Gunplan by Ripe Thinking
- Best Student Insurance Provider: Endsleigh
- Best Travel Insurance Provider: Just Travel Cover
- Best Wedding Insurance Provider: WeddingPlan
Insurance Choice Awards in numbers:
- 13 weeks of voting on the Smart Money People website
- 27,243 votes registered by UK customers
- Over 180 insurance companies voted for
- 18 categories championing the most customer-centric firms